KAENG KRACHAN NATIONAL PARK
- Province : Petchburi, South-westen part of Thailand
- Habitats : Thailand’s largest national park located in Tanassarim range, the border between Thailand and Myanmar. Altitude from 100 – 1,513 m asl comprieses hill evergreen & semi-evergreen forest, wet lowland evergreen forest, waterfalls, forest streams.
- Key species : Ratchet-tailed Treepie, Grey Peacock Pheasant, Kalij Pheasant, White-hooded Babbler, Red-bearded & Blue-bearded Bee-eater, Great & Wreathed Hornbill, Brown Hornbill (tickelli), Blue Pitta, Ferruginous Partridge, Vinous-breasted Starling, Black-thighed Falconet.
- Other species : Oranged-breasted Trogon, Rufous-browed Flycatcher, Violet Cuckoo, Silver-breasted & Banded Broadbill, Green Magpie, Banded Kingfisher, Brown Wood Owl.
- Best time : All year round (November-July), avoid the week-end and long week-end holidays (New Year holiday and Thai New Year in mid April).
To be noted : The park usually close 1 August-31 October.
- Distance from Bangkok : ~ 200 km (good and rough road) or more than 2 hrs drive