KHAO YAI NATIONAL PARK
- Province : Nakhon Ratchasima/Nakhon Nayok province, North-eastern part of Thailand
- Habitats : Thailand’s third largest national park, ASEAN Heritage site, UNESCO World Heritage Site. Altitude from 200-1,351 m asal comprises hill evergreen & Dry evergreen forest, mixed deciduous forest, grassland, waterfalls, forest streams.
- Key species : Coral-billed Ground Cuckoo, Siamese Fireback, Silver Pheasant, Eared & Blue Pitta, Limestone Wren Babbler, Great & Wreathed Hornbill, Brown Hornbill (Austen’s), Black Eagle, White-crowned & Slaty-backed Forktail, Red-headed Trogon, Banded Kingfisher, Great-eared Nightjar.
- Other species : Barred Cuckoo Dove, Scaly-breasted Partridge, Brown-rumped Needletail, Large Schimitar Babbler, Mountain Hawk Eagle, Heart-spotted Woodpecker, Large-tailed Nightjar.
- Best time : All year round, avoid the week-end and long week-end holidays (New Year holiday and Thai New Year holiday in mid April).
- Distance from Bangkok : ~ 220 km or more than 2 hrs drive
Nature Trails Birding Packages in Northeast